Dear Pancreas:

Contrary to popular belief, I have not been destroyed by your minions. This battle isn't over yet.

~B.C.B.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Something Seems Off...

So I have the "Eat Smart Precision Pro Digital Kitchen Scale":

And I got it mainly because we make a lot of homemade bread at home and it's very difficult to know how many carbs are in the bread.  

Tonight I weighed a large corn on the cob in grams.  It weighed 209 grams.... 

In the booklet that came with the scale, it said the USDA number was 0.25 for corn.  

Assuming I'm doing my math right.... which has a 98% chance of being wrong, I did the following: 

209 x 0.25 = 52.25 ...carbs, right?

If it is right, that number seems a bit high.... 

In the newest Calorie King book, a large corn comes out to be: 28 carbs. 

This seems to be a fairly big gap. 

I have also noticed that I have gotten blood sugars lower than I like when calculating bread items. 





What is going on and am I doing something wrong? 














No comments:

Post a Comment